Social Action Committee Mission Statement
Tzedek, tzedek tirdof צדק צדק תרדוף is a command, ‘Justice, justice, you will pursue.’ The mission of The Jewish Center’s Social Action Committee is to provide specific and substantive ways to fulfill justice and do the work of tikkun olam. Committee members bring their passion, knowledge, and engagement with the community-at-large to The Jewish Center, leading food and blood drives, workshops to examine racism, a thriving garden, and more. If you are interested in joining us, please email Jenny and Dana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Committee is currently comprised of a number of eager volunteers, including representatives from Homefront, Housing Initiatives of Princeton, Jewish Family and Children’s Services, Interfaith Refugee Resettlement Committee, Not-In-Our-Town Princeton, NJ Jewish News, Princeton Community Housing, Princeton Human Services Commission, Princeton Environmental Commission, Send Hunger Packing – Princeton, Send Hunger Packing – West Windsor/Plainsboro, and Sustainable Princeton.
Over the past year, the committee’s efforts have included:
- Leading food drives for the Jewish Family Service of Central NJ and ArmInArm
- Supporting The Jewish Center’s Interfaith Refugee Resettlement Committee
- Planting a rainbow flag in our lobby to ensure everyone feels welcome
- Sponsoring a George Floyd program and several Examining Racism workshops by Not-In-Our-Town Princeton
- Developing a comprehensive Social Action Handbook for TJC students and the community-at-large
- Maintaining a thriving garden, which allows donation to local food pantries
Please join us and help us expand our efforts!